Custom Search

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Must Have's and Meditation

I've recently added a new weekly feature to my Arbonne newsletter. I call it "Makeup-Your Mind Monday." Each Monday I send my subscribers a couple helpful tips in the makeup and mindset arenas. I thought I'd share one here too. If you'd like to have these and other health, wellness and makeup tips delivered right to your inbox, just fill out the subscription form for my Arbonne newsletter on the right.
To Your Wellbeing!
Daneene
*************************************************************************************

Must Have's and Meditation
April 6, 2009


About Face-VIDON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THEM
Well, it has officially been spring for a while now, yet here in northeast Ohio, we're experiencing pretty significant snow showers. Go figure! The weather here is predictably unpredictable... which got me thinking about how grateful I am for the few things in life that I can rely on consistently. So, today's Makeup portion is a nod to my favorite makeup products that never let me down. Once again, I'll share celebrity makeup artist Krista Embry's take on the subject, especially because her fav's are very similar to mine, but here's my top 5 quicklist for good measure.


Virtual IllusionTM Makeup Primerprimer
I love the way it feels....velvety, soft and fabulous.
Everyth
ing a primer should be. Whether I'm wearing makeup or going "au natual", it's definitely a must for me



liquid foundationAbout Face Line Defiance Liquid Foundation
Great coverage without the "heavy" feeling. Leaves a soft, dewy appearance for
a soft glow all day long. Color stays true too!








Virtual IllusionTM Dual Volume Mascaradual volume
Love, love, love this mascara. Really volumizes the lashes without clumping,smudging or flaking. Dual applicator with two zany looking but very effective patented brushes for the ultimate lashes. Step one adds volume and length. Step two adds a conditioning shine that lifts and curls (without archaic torture devices...whoo hoo!)











mineral powder



About Face Mineral Powder Foundation
I was skeptical of it's ability to cover at first, but boy was I mistaken. I love how quick and easy the application is.






No Sun Intended Bronzing Powderbronzer
Perfect for the sun-kissed look without too much sparkle or that scary orange hue. Great for contouring too!









So, there's my top 5. Trust me I could go on...and on...but I'll let Krista Embry's
articles do the rest. Enjoy her take on Arbonne's "don't go without it" products in a two part article.
....and now for Your Mind...

PEACE OF MIND

A quick trip to Wikipedia after searching the word "meditation" will reveal an interesting and diverse history. Meditation, which basically means "awareness" has been around for at least 5,000 years. What I find most interesting, is that meditation, or some form of it, exists in a multitude of religions and has a secular presence as well.
Meditation is a way to calm the mind and center the "self." It can be clarifying, relaxing and rejuvenating. I, myself, have much to learn and am far from being an expert, but I can speak to it's benefits from personal experience.
When first beginning to practice meditation it's important to patient. If you're like most people, you'll find scattered thoughts and ideas sneaking into your "quiet mind" moments. I read somewhere this is often referred to as "monkey mind." (I don't know why, but that term makes me chuckle.) Just remember to keep in mind that like any new "skill" it takes time to develop and that each individual's learning curve is different and unique to them.
In the beginning I found it easier to meditate with the assistance of a tool or by following a script or outline. Below are a few resources I've recently come across that I hope are a benefit to you.
www.learn-meditation.org

View the Gift of Inner Peace Movie (5 minutes)


Free Online Meditation Scripts and Methods


Zen Habits: Meditation for Beginners


To Your Awareness!
~Daneene

No comments: